DuraBind™, is a sustainable no-added-formaldehyde (NAF) solution for use in the $15 billion global wood binder market. Using DuraBind, customers have been able to significantly reduce the use of highly regulated chemicals, such as formaldehyde, in their adhesive resin formulations. DuraBind engineered biopolymers are safe and sustainable, offering equal or better performance compared to synthetic‐based alternatives without increasing total system cost.
Using DuraBind binders to replace increasingly regulated formaldehyde-based resins means that:
- Manufacturers can reduce complexity within their operations and decrease safety and regulatory complexity by reducing the use of hazardous chemicals
- Architects can incorporate products that meet their sustainability requirements
- Consumers and retailers can access the sustainable products they're seeking
With DuraBind engineered biopolymers, you can meet NAF (no added formaldehyde) regulations without sacrificing product or manufacturing performance. You can also replace heavily regulated chemicals with our bio-based binders without increasing overall production costs.
Realize the following manufacturing performance improvements with DuraBind biopolymers:
- Binding efficiencies
- Mechanical strength: modulus of rupture (MOR)
- Moisture resistance
- Renewable manufacturing processes
- VOC reduction or elimination
Using renewable binders to replace heavily regulated chemicals, such as formaldehyde, in the production of wood composite products enables you to offer an NAF product that meets regulatory requirements and delivers a unique, environmentally friendly product to the market.