EcoSynthetix offers a range of sustainable engineered biopolymers that allow customers to reduce their use of harmful materials, such as formaldehyde and styrene-based chemicals. Our flagship products, DuraBind™ and EcoSphere®, are used to manufacture wood composites, paper and packaging, and enable performance improvements, economic benefits and sustainability. We are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (T:ECO) and based in Burlington, Ontario, Canada.
EcoSynthetix is seeking a contract, part-time Regulatory Affairs Manager. This is a 12-month position.
Working with the research and development team, the Regulatory Affairs Manager will manage the regulatory and certification process for EcoSynthetix’s product portfolio. Leveraging his or her deep understanding of regulatory requirements for chemicals companies, the successful incumbent will:
- Combine his or her knowledge of scientific, legal and business issues to ensure products which currently are offered, and/or are developed and manufactured, meet the required legislation and regulatory requirements of the jurisdictions where EcoSynthetix conducts business.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external partners as required to effectively manage the regulatory requirements of the Company.
- Coordinate and document internal regulatory processes, such as internal audits, inspections, license renewals and registrations.
- Compile and prepare materials for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Deep understanding of regulatory environment in Canada and international jurisdictions.
- Understanding of chemistry and chemicals.
- Experience working with Stage Gate or similar product development processes.
- BSc or higher.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in dealing with regulatory affairs, ideally for a chemicals company or similar field.
- Ability to work on-site or remotely as required by business needs.
EcoSynthetix is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@ecosynthetix.com. Include the position title in the subject line of your email.